Nokia just introduced the Nokia N1 Android powered tablet. It’s first device after selling of its mobile devices division to Microsoft. The N1 comes with Nokia’s in-house launcher app ZLauncher. The actual hardware is being produced by Foxconn for Nokia (brand licensing stuff) and will be sold at $249 or around 11,500 pesos.
Why a tablet? Well Nokia is restricted from making phones until December 21, 2015 as stated on their contract with Microsoft (Microsoft can use the Nokia brand for feature phones until 2024.)
"We have a very valuable brand, … Yes it is diminishing in value, and that’s why it is important that we reverse that trend very quickly, imminently." - Ramzi Haidamus, President of Nokia technologies
Nokia knows that one of their strengths as a company is their brand, the name NOKIA is synonymous with quality, design and durability and they really want to bank on it and launch something sooner rather later. I hope this works out for them.
Nokia N1 Specs
- Display: 7.9 inch (4:3) 2048x1536, Gorilla glass 3, IPS panel with LED backlight
- CPU: 2.3GHz Intel 64-bit Atom Z3580 Processor
- GPU: PowerVR G6430 GPU
- Camera: 8 megapixel rear, 5 megapixel front
- Memory: LPDDR3 (800 MHz), 2 GB
- Storage: eMMC 5.0, 32 GB
- Software: Android 5.0 Lollipop, Nokia Z Launcher
- Battery: 18.5 Wh (5300 mAh) rechargeable lithium polymer battery (3.7 V)