Smart introduces Ideos. An Android 2.2 powered device that is billed as the world’s first affordable Google-powered smartphone. Smart is expecting to sell this at around 5,000 to 6,000 pesos for the prepaid package and bundle it on their postpaid plans for even less.
The name “IDEOS” comes from “ID” which means Industrial Design-centric hardware platform, and “OS” represents the operating system as the core software platform and “E” symbolizes evolution according to Huawei.
Huawei IDEOS Philippine specs and features are as follows:
- Display: 2.8” touchscreen display (possibly capacitive)
- Camera: 3.15 megapixel camera
- OS: Android 2.2 Froyo
- Processor: 528Mhz Processor
- Memory: MicroSD support up to 32GB
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPRS/EDGE/JAVA/3G HSDPA, Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP
- Features: E-mail/Push Mail/IM, Photo viewer and editor, Google search/Maps/G-mail/G-Talk