Are you in the market for buying the new iPad 2 (or iPad 1G) and undecided between what model to choose? You may save money by buying a Wi-Fi only iPad and then tether it to your hotspot-enable phone.
Benefits of Tethering your Wi-Fi-only iPad
- Cheaper iPad Wi-Fi model.
- use MiFi (like this one) or mobile hotspot feature of your phone.
- Single SIM card, no need to buy a new microsim for your iDevice.
- Pay as you go. Use what you want, when you want.
- No more reloading the SIM card of the iPad (to keep it from expiring as well)
- Instantly activate the all-surf promos of Smart, Globe or Sun via phone.
- You can even share your wireless hotspot to other 4 devices at the same time.
- Your phone’s battery life
- You must shell out additional 5,000 for a MiFi device (if you are going this route, better buy the iPad 3G+Wifi since you’ll be adding roughl the same amount. Then just jailbreak and get MyWi to be able to make your iPad a wireless hotspot itself.)