Microsoft just introduced the next Surface after Surface RT and Surface 2 - the Surface 3. The new atom-powered tablet is Microsoft’s next shot at the consumer space after the success of the prosumer device that is Surface Pro 3. Surface Pro 3 now runs full Windows (not the crippled ARM-based Windows RT) so it has full pen support. The machine is also thin at 8.7 mm plus it’s fanless due to the new Atom x7 CPU. Surprisingly, it can now be charged via micro USB charger so it uses the same connector you’re already using on your phone and tablet.
- Display: 10.8” ClearType Full HD Plus Display, 1920 x 1280, Surface Pen support
- Battery Life: Up to 10 hours
- Storage/RAM: 64GB storage with 2GB RAM / 128GB storage with 4GB RAM
- CPU: Quad-core Intel Atom x7-Z8700 processor (2MB Cache, 1.6GHz with Intel
- Ports: Full-size USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, microSD card reader, Micro USB charging port, Headset jack, Cover port
- Software: Windows 8.1 (Free Upgrade to Windows 10)
- Camera: 3.5 megapixel front-facing camera • 8.0 megapixel rear-facing camera
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer
Price starts at $499 for 64GB and2Gb of RAM. Ships on May 5th, 2015.
Other options are (LTE available) :
- 128GB / 4GB RAM / Wi-Fi- $599
- 64GB / 2GB RAM / Wi-Fi + 4G LTE
- 128GB / 4GB RAM / Wi-Fi + 4G LTE