I have to admire this piece of gadgetry. It almost surpasses every existing multi-touch player in market right now. Zii Egg is Creative’s touch screen player powered by Android and their proprietary Plaszma OS. The features are a merge of the new iPod touch’s and Zune HD, take a look at the specs:
- Capacitive multi-touch touch 3.5” display
- Up to 32GB internal plus SDHC slot (supports up to 32GB of external SDHC Card)
- Supports: MP3, WMA, AAC, WMV, H.264, MPEG-4, AVI, and MOV (unconfirmed)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 3-axis Accelerometer
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- Hardware GPS receiver
- 32GB Internal Memory
- 256MB Mobile DDR RAM
- Supports 720p and 1080p HDTVs via HD cable
- Headphone socket, built-in speaker and microphone
- Dual cameras (Forward facing HD camera and Rear facing VGA camera)
The Zii Egg is designed for OEM manufacturers and not for consumers right now. What that means is that Creative is targeting OEM manufacturers who are interested in making and branding their own players. A separate consumer product named “Zii” is still unannounced. Zii Egg is rumored to have a starting price of $199. That is cheap!
Everything but the kitchen sink! …. and of course apps. Feature win is the SD Card slot that can read up to 32GB SDHC cards! Take that Apple and Microsoft!